Premium Cataract Services
A cataract is a clouding of the eye’s natural lens. Cataracts are usually the result of the aging process, although there are other causes, such as eye inflammation, chronic steroid medication, recurrent tobacco and sun exposure, eye trauma and congenital disorders.
Common symptoms cataract patients notice:
• Halos around lights
• Sensitivity to light or glare
• Bright colors dull
• Blurred vision
• Bifocals or glasses are no longer helpful
At MERSI, cataract surgery is usually preformed as an outpatient procedure. The surgery itself is typically 15 to 30 minutes long and recovery is quick and normally without any discomfort, requiring only the use of drops for weeks after surgery.
The majority of patients who need this surgery have perfect vision behind the cataract so we will remove the cataract and implant a lens to correct eye sight. Afterward the procedure, we assess if a patient’s vision is better or if there is a deeper issue with the eye.
Before surgery, we will discuss the type of lenses to choose from. Our options are:
• TECNIS® Multifocal Family of 1-Piece IOLs: This family of IOLs offers three lens options. Each lens provides a full range of vision both near and far, enhanced performance to patient’s lifestyle, high performance in any lighting condition and a high degree of spectacle independence.
• TECNIS® Toric IOL: These posterior chamber lenses are great for patients with aphakia or corneal astigmatism who want to have better distance vision.
• Femtosecond Laser surgery with the CATALYS Precision Laser System: Using CATALYS, the surgeon can provide a gentle, yet highly customized cataract procedure with precision that is not achievable with traditional manual techniques. This allows patients the opportunity to receive tailored treatment with advanced technology multi-focal lenses, which further reduces the need for glasses or contacts after surgery.
Cataract treatment is an out of pocket cost. For more information or to book an appointment, call: 781-891-6377 (or) 866-353-6377
All of our physicians have completed Fellowships in their specialty.
C. Stephen Foster, MD, FACS, FACR
Stephen D. Anesi, MD, FACS
Partner & Co-President
Peter Y. Chang, MD, FACS
Partner & Co-President
Peter L. Lou, MD